A woman's first period is usually memorable. Thanks to my sister announcing mine to a city street full of people (true story!), I'll certainly never forget mine. What was your experience like?
periods the word
- i was getting ready to go on a class trip that lasted 3 days so i had to pack clothes and stuff my mom made me pack pads cause just in case. so we arrived at the camp and i had a icky sensation in my underwear i thought i peed myself so i went to the bathroom and saw blood everywear and i was like oh no it's my period!!! the i just cleaned up put freash underwear on and took a pad. i've learned it's always good to be prepared, and the next day my friend got her first period to so i told weird and i started mine yesterday did you pack pads and she said no so i let her borrow my pads and THE END
- —Guest hi guys
Well i did try 2 hide it...
- Well, in grade 7, I got it but I didn't want it. So, the first week that I had it, I washed my panties before putting them in the hamper to gett rid of blood. However, by the next month June( I think it was June) it came around again and i was wearing white shorts and i had an after-school sports team and I didn't notice the big huge stain but i'm sure all the guys and the two P.E. teachers were laughing about it, when i got home i was like holy crap, and tried to hide them but my mom found them. And i cried the first time i put in a tampon it hurt so much...
- —Guest Cookie Pie.
- i was participating in my local spelling bee when i started it was during school but it was at the career center and there were no feminine products so i had to use toilet paper i was 11 and i had to go to my dads that weekend so it was awkward especially since my parents told everybody they and i know
- —Guest anonymous
- So i was at swim team and my and my friend decided to skip practice because the coach was really mean so we were walking aroung the high school and i felt crampy and kind of wet down there so i had no idea what it was and when i used the toilet there was blood gushing out of me and my swimsuit was ruined i thought i was dying so i told my friend and she gave me a pad and i was fine when i got home my mom let me stay home from school for 3 days and got me burger king every day.i was 13 and a half.
- —Guest Corinne
My First Period
- My first period, ok so it was like 2 days ago, but ill still tell u, ok so i woke up like a normal happy girl, then i go to the bathroom like normal then wipe myself, then awkwardly blood came out, i was so stypid i thought i was like wipeing too hard or something like that, so then i just put on a pad (panty liner) for incase, BECAUSE IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!! and then later on I have to go to the bathroom again no a poop load of blood comes gushing out of me, like crazy!! Soooo... I call my mom because I was going to have a water balloons fight with my friends (which happen to be all boys) and she told me just to wear a maxi pad. and now it is my third day on my period no cramps no headaces just a lot of bloating and i lose my appetite a ton !! i had my birthday party no the 24th of july and my real birthday is tommorow the 27th of july! Im still on my period!!!! AND GIRLS IF A LITTLE OF BLOOD COMES OUT U WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE YOUR PERIOD SOON AFTER!!! WEAR A MAXI PAD OVERNIGH
- —Guest Emily
- Well it was like 20 minutes ago, I went upstairs and i had to go to the bathroom, i looked at my underwear and there was a brownish red spot the size of a nickle i went downstairs and told my mom she was on the phone with my sis and they were laughing. I'm 12 btw...
- —Guest Guest banana dancer99
Freaked Outta My Mind
- Ok so I just started my period two days ago in he afternoon. That day I had been feeling very strange. I wasn't having any cramps, headaches, etc.. But for some reason I had to pee a lot. By about noon, I had some brown spotting. So I changed my underwear and put on a pantiliner. Later that day, I started having a lot if brown stuff and had to change the pantiliner every 2 hours or so. Right before I went to bed, I had to pee. When I looked at the pantiliner, I saw a reddish tint around a brown spot. The next morning I checked the pantiliner I'd put on last night, and there was a lot of that brown stuff, so I decided to "steal" one of my Mom's pads. Sure enough, the next time I went pee, the pad had blood on it! It was hard to tell my mom at first but I just said, "Hey Mom? I had the 'blessing' from mother nature."
So she's been helping me deal with pads and such.. I could've waited a couple of years or so! (even though I'm already a late bloomer :P)
- my parents are divorced and this was one of the weekends i was with my dad. my little sister 9 years old was also there so the night before i was up really late and when i went to go to sleep my lower stoumach felt really weird so i thought mabey finally i would get my period so i woke up in the morning and sure enough it was there it kind of looked like jelly haha so i put tp in my underwere i was so embarresed i coudlnt tell my dad or my sis so halfway through the day my dad and my sister were going to the store so i said i would just stay at the house so i called my mom freking oout and she was just like ill bring you some pads dont worry so when they got back i told them moms bringing me my phone charger they were just like ok when she got there i brang my purse out side and put the little box in there she had gotten the cute colored ones :)
- —Guest lollipop
- So to get started I was 11 and still am and got my period somewhere around April. I woke up at 6 am on a schoolday before my alarm because I felt like I had to pee. So I'm half asleep and I go to the bathroom see a
huge brown stain. I changed my underwear and I don't know what I did with them since I fell back asleep when I wentin my room. I wake up again around 645 to find another stain. Being half asleep still I change and I remember putting them under my bed and sleeping on the floor. Soon after my alarm goes off and I go to school. Throughout the day I have a weird feeling down their but I it's just discharge. When I get home I go to the bathroom and see a much bigger red stain on my underwear and jeans. I walk out and ask my mom for a pad and all she says is "I had a feeling you got it especially after finding those underwear under your bed." I was really embarrassed. I was in 5th grade at the time and one of my bffs got it a couple months before. I hate when I get it. Lol
- —Guest UnderTheBed
Assembly and P.E.
- I got my first period on a thursday. The night before I had brown discharge. I was 12. It was assembly and before I went in, I went to the toilet because I felt funny. When I got there, my pants were stained with blood.. If I had left it any longer it would have leaked. I got cleaned up and told all my bestfriends. The worst part was that I had P.E after.. I had to run 800M. I had agony cramps and I could barely walk. If I had tried to run, I would have doubled up in pain. My P.E teacher was like (A MAN) You weren't trying your hardest there were you? And I said.. I was i had a really sore tummy.. Awkward or what? :P Lol. It was fine after that though.. :)
- —Guest :)
- I got mine about three months ago at my friends sleepover...
I hadn't used the bathroom all night (y'know having fun), and when I woke up I had to pee. When I went down to sit on the toilet and my underwear was completely brown! I got so scared so I went to wipe myself and the tissue was covered in blood. I practically squealed and when I went to both my friends (My mom didn't tell me much on puberty) they said, "You might wanna put some toilet paper there."
Texted my mom and she rushed over.
I cant believe i was first to get my period on our trio ._.
- —Guest Anna
Happy period :)
- Ok I was at a friends house and we were just fooling around .... I felt kinda wet downstairs and thought nothin of it ... Thought it was just discharge .... So I go to the bathroom and go pee ... While peeing I saw brownish red in my panties I was like .... Could it be .... I whipped and pink on the toilet paper ! I was so excited because I thought I'd never get it cuz everyone else had it and I didn't and I was 14 ! So then I went and asked my friend for a pad .... She laughed and gave me one ... I knew how to use it and everything but called my mom to let her in on the good news :)
- —Guest Hazle
- So it was Memorial Day and I was home from school (THANK GOD) my brothers and my dad were on a camping trip(THANK GOD AGAIN) I was making my lunch when I needed to go to the bathroom so I went and Bam Blood! I was grossed out, But I was glad because I was in 8th grade and I was waiting for it and everyone else I knew had theirs!
- —Guest robin
- Well I was at my friends house when we decided to go for a walk. and that night after we got back i saw dried up blood on my underwear so i used toilet paper since i didnt have a pad. The next morning i noticed i had bled through the toilet paper and completly ruined my white underwear. i had cramps on and off and the next day when we came back from the park i noticed that i had bled through my underwear and my pants so i had a huge stain on my favorite pants D:
- —Guest Bri
My "Lucky" Day
- My period was SOOOO embarrassing! I was at an 8th grade graduation party at my friend's house. The whole grade was there... like ALL the boys. At the time, i was almost 13, so i sorta was expecting it would come soon-but not at the party!!! So my friend had a pool, right? And i was in the CUTEST new bikini. I was standing aroind with all my friends near the pool, in my bikini, when all of a sudden a few boys walked by me and started laughing. Then one of my friends wrapped a towel around my waist, and gave me a pad. She told me to change back into my shorts and undies and put on the pad. I was SOOOO embarrassed becuase the BOYS WERE THE 1st TO SEE!!! Anyways i changed and put the pad on. The boys still tease me, but that was almost 2 years ago. I didnt even get to swim:((.
- —Guest Luucckkyyyy:/